Homemade Pizza Sauce from scratch is authentic and can be made in just 40 minutes. It is always a good to make your pizza with homemade sauce as it tastes better. It’s easy to make and can be stored in the freezer too. Use it while making your pizza and you yourself will feel the change in the taste.
80 grams Onions
60 grams Carrots
60 grams Celery
3 cloves Garlic
4-5 tablespoons Homemade tomato puree
1 teaspoon Dried oregano
10-12 Basil leaves
Salt, to taste
Black pepper powder, to taste
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- To begin with Homemade Pizza Sauce, heat olive oil in a large saucepan and add crushed garlic followed by finely chopped onions, carrots and celery giving a minute in between each addition.
- Saute them all together until the onions are translucent. At this stage, add the chopped vine tomatoes and allow the whole thing to cook until the tomatoes get soft.
- Cover the pan with a lid while doing so as the tomatoes could splutter. Add tomato puree in between. This renders the sauce the ting of color. Add some sugar to counter the acidic flavor.
- When the tomatoes are relatively soft, the skin begins to peel, turn off the flame and add basil leaves along with the stalk and set it aside to cool.
- Puree them all together, season with oregano, salt and pepper as needed in a mixer.
- Store them away in an airtight container into the fridge. It remains fresh for a week.