Making Tomato Jam at home is very easy. It has no added preservatives yet it stays good for a long time and tastes great too. This jam recipe preserves its fresh flavour with nothing but sugar, salt and lime followed by proper storage. I am sure you will enjoy making tomato jam at home.
Serve Tomato Jam during breakfast on toast and along with a cup of Masala Chai.
3/4 kg Sugar
Salt, a pinch
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
2 Cinnamon Stick, crush into coarse powder
6 Cloves, crush into coarse powder
- To begin making the Tomato Jam recipe, wash tomatoes and make a slit in cross (X) in endways.
- Boil water nicely. Switch off and drop tomatoes inside hot water. Let it remain in it for about 5 to 10 minutes. This will help to peel skin off from tomatoes easily.
- Take them out from water, allow to cool. Peel off skin and discard them. Squeeze out some of the juice and seeds from it. You can use it for something else.
- Chop tomato into very fine pieces or blend in a processor for few seconds.
- Take a heavy bottom large pan/kadai. Pour tomatoes into it. Boil for about 15 minutes on medium high flame to reduce liquid.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and cloves powder. Mix well and let the gas be on medium flame. Bring mixture to full boil stirring frequently in between.
- As it thickens, stir constantly and reduce the flame. Make sure not to overcook. Jam will thicken as it cools.
- When the jam has reached a thick sauce consistency, add lemon juice. Mix well, turn off flame. Cool for about 10 minutes and pour into clean sterilised glass bottles.
- When the jam has reached a thick sauce consistency, add lemon juice.Mix well, turn off flame.Cool for about 10 mins and pour into clean sterilised glass bottles.
- Once it cools completely, close the lid and refrigerate/store in a cool dry place. Use when required for bread, buns, chapathi etc.
- Serve Tomato Jam during breakfast on toast and along with a cup of Masala Chai.
Have a great Breakfast <3